Sunday, October 21, 2007

What if there had been an actual emergency???

So. I'm driving to work the other day and something is not right with my car.

The engine feels sluggish. Acceleration is not responsive. No funny noises, but still...something wasn't right.

I got down to the end of my street...something is wrong...down the next street to the nearest main road...why is my car acting funny?... a few hundred yards down that main road...WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY STUPID CAR??!!

It was at this point I thought I was having an issue with oil pressure, or perhaps my transmission fluid. I check the dash and lo and behold...a light to explain the highly technical problem affecting my engine!

I had my emergency brake on. (Smack forhead here.)

But what if there had been an actual emergency?!?!?! I got like half a mile away from my house and the e-brake did not stop me.

Seems to me, it should be called something OTHER than an emergency brake. Parking brake, you say?? It certainly didn't keep me parked, so I reject that title as well.

That is all.

No comments: