Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lights!

Somewhere in this timeline, we got lights in the kitchen! I'm sorry I haven't managed to post all of this in order, but as you can tell my the series of house-related posts, I have been damn busy.

A few weeks ago, our electrician was finally able to hook up the brand new electrical that ran from the kitchen to the panel in the basement. New plugs, new switches, and most importantly, new lights! Pretty blue glass pendants and fancy under cabinet lights.

The under cabinet lights have sort of given us a lot of problems. Two of them malfunctioned immediately after they were installed. One more just had the same malfunction recently. Boo. But for the most part we love them, and they really add a nice touch to the kitchen.

The electrician only installed two pendant lights, at our request, since we didn't want to worry about hitting them as we installed the remained crown molding. Yesterday my dad and I hung the rest of them, so now our kitchen is nice and bright.

Woo hoo!

So here's the dramatic dark shot of one of our pendant lights.



And here's what they look like when you can actually see them. :)



I didn't take any shots of the under cabinet lights because they don't really look like anything in pictures.

2 comments:

sydelbow said...

Your kitchen looks awesome. Have you guys tallied up the remodel costs? Ive been watching a LOT of HGTV lol, and they say you always make your money back and probably double it with kitchen and bathroom re-dos.

Do you guys have before pics? I cant remember. I bet I failed to take any.

Allie said...

In the beginning, we dilligently retained every receipt and scrap of information regarding the house.

As time progressed, not so much.

I'm sure we will get a final tally when we are all done. Between the kitchen and downstairs bathroom, it's already up to $20,000.

As for before pics...there are some on my early posts...my mom has some...but I'm not sure there are that many.