Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The last Perry Civic

My sister totaled her car. Or, more accurately, she had it totaled for her. It was sometime last week...so much has happened since then that I've completely lost track of time. Anyway, she was on her way to work and with no one in sight, turned left. Out of the blue, some New Canaan girl smacked right into the back passenger side of my sister's car. She hit her hard enough to spin my sister's car 180 degrees right into a stone wall.

SHE hit MY SISTER...yet, the accident was my sister's fault.

?!

Yes, apparently Connecticut has a law that places the blame on the party turning left. So...her car was totaled. She was all banged up from her deployed air bag and seat belt. AND she got a ticket for "failure to yield while turning left". And what happens to the stupid girl who caused the accident? The girl who had at least 50 yards to slow down but didn't? The girl who made no effort to swerve around my sister's car, even though there was no oncoming traffic? Nothing. Twirp.

Here are the photos. The emt said my sister was lucky to be alive.






2 comments:

Sara F. said...

oh no! your poor sister! um...please tell me that's not the same car she had when we were in high school.

also, are syd and i the only ones that read your blog? ;)

Allie said...

Yeah, poor Jen. And yeah, that's the car she's had forever...the trusty civic. Now she's considering geting some Ford. First my family's driveway looked like a honda dealership, now it will look like a Ford dealership.

And I think you two are the only ones who ever read my blog! (Or else no one else ever wants to comment. Boo.) With such a small audience, how will I ever take over the world?!?!??? :)