Monday, March 17, 2008

Our completed tile.

So we finally got the grout from Home Depot.  This time, we mixed it by eye instead of following the directions on the bag.  It came out much better that way.  

I did most of the grouting.  


This is the mess I made.  :)  


This is the giant blister I got on my hand from the grout float.  It sucked.


Here's what the finished floor looks like.  All in all it came out great.  I'm glad we had tiled the bathroom first, because it gave me a little bit of practice.  The grout lines in kitchen came out really even and straight, slightly unlike the bathroom. :)


We also tiled the stairs and the little landing by our side door.  We used cool, stainless-looking edger things for the edges of the stairs.  I forget what they are actually called, but they look awesome.


The only things we have left to do to complete the tile job are to put down the transition pieces where the tile in the kitchen meets the hardwood floors in the dining room and foyer.  

But we can't do that until we put trim on the doors.

And we can't do that until it gets warm enough to start working in the driveway again, since we have no place else to set up the chop saw.

Hopefully, we will regain our driveway workshop soon.

No comments: