Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Allow me to officially introduce you....

It occurred to me recently that I have not officially introduced you to our house!

Forgive my manners.

You?

Our House.
Joe and I weren't crazy about the screened-in porch.  One day, Joe went to New Hampshire with work for a day-long hike.  When he left, we had a screened-in porch.

When he came home, we didn't. 


Me + a few hours in the sun + a five pound sledge = no more screens.

Somewhere around a year later we ripped out those ugly bushes.  We also ditched all of the plants along the side of the house.  


Oh yeah.  We also cut down the trees in the back yard.  We would have liked to keep the apple tree, but the main trunk and one half of the "v" growing out of it were rotted.  Se we cut it down.  That was an exciting day.  Joe's step-brother Neil came over with a big saw, a bigger truck, and tree-cutting experience.  A few hours, heart attacks, and near-misses later, Joe and Neil felled the tree; only narrowly managing to avoid doing so through the ceiling of our brand new bathroom while I was brushing my teeth inside of it.

Neil hasn't cut a tree down since.


The other little tree also got axed.  The stumps are still there.  Thus far they proved useful for supporting pumpkins while we shot apples at them with our neighbors homemade potato gun.

Good times.

We will have a ton of landscaping to do, but we aren't even going to start thinking about the outside until we finish the upstairs bathroom.

Which reminds me, I need to start taking pictures in there, too, before we get too much further along...

No comments: