Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sheetrock is not my friend.

Sheetrock is heavy.

Ceilings are high.

This is not a good combination. Luckily, my folks came up several weekends in a row to help out. We started doing the sheetrock while I still had my kidney stone, so I am heavily medicated and, now, thoroughly surprised it all came out all right. :)

The people we bought the house from had made braces for hanging sheetrock on the ceiling. Unfortunately, they made them a length appropriate for the LOWERED ceiling they were installing. Anyway, we used them and they sort of working.



Joe and I my dad did most of the heavy lifting, while I screwed in the sheets.





It worked ok until Joe knocked our 18V drill off of the top of the ladder down onto my back as I was kneeling on the floor getting the rotozip out of the bag. I won't mention that it landed right above my stone-laden kidney and flopped over directly ONTO said kidney. Nor will I mention how, as I was crying on the floor, my dad nicely told me I was ok, and my mom said that that was one way to knock the kidney stone loose. Ahh, the support group I have. Needless to say, I did not help out the rest of the day.

That day my dad and Joe finished the ceiling.



Over the next week, Joe and I worked every night to get the walls covered.



Including all of the odd angles...



...and tricky corners. Also notice in this picture our Little Giant Ladder and CordPro, extension cord keeper.

These are possibly two of the best inventions, EVER.



Eventually the whole room was done.



Then came taping. But that's another post.

No comments: