Monday, July 16, 2007

The End

Joe and I spent this past weekend in Montauk, Long Island. Beautiful weather and no agenda made for an amazing weekend. The surf was awesome and we spent most of the weekend boogie boarding. We definitely wrecked a few times...the ocean tried to take my arm away, but I did not let it. As a result, I got leash rash on my arm which not only looks worse in real life, but stings like a bee. It's better by today, but itches, and my brain can't comprehend that I should not scratch it because when I do, it HURTS. Stupid brain.



We went out to see the Montauk lighthouse, but only from afar since it's a working lighthouse and you have to pay for tours. These binocular things were on the parking lot and I always think they are really cool looking. Too bad most people skip right to looking THROUGH them, and don't take the time to look AT them.



Here's the lighthouse.



We took a path near the lighthouse down to the water and on the way we saw a bunny! He was super cute and let me get really close.



Here's the lighthouse again, this time from beach level.



The rocks on the shore.



These were the rocks on the small beach. There's a treasure camouflaged in the center!



On Saturday night, Joe and I went to Gin Beach to watch the sunset. Here are a few of my favorites from the 652 million pictures I took.










What a perfect weekend!

Many thanks to Miss Annie for making it possible.

No comments: