Friday, October 3, 2008

Kill Kill Kill

These were the words on a piece of paper found on the desk of a man in my department at work. 

I am apparently not the only one who isn't a fan of my employer.

The guy had also been telling people that he was an ex-marine (which is weird because I thought Marine's used the term "former" not "ex", but whatever) and knows how to use bazookas and all sorts of assault weaponry.  He would also frequently tell people that he had been going to the shooting range and his aim was getting much better.  Also, that people had better not step on his toes because he will step right back.

This same guy made habit out of complaining non-stop about the company.  I have heard the when in the locker room on break he would sit on the bench with his hands folded and his head down, staring at his own lap.

Hm.

I learned these things, secondhand, almost all at the same time on a Thursday, and as a whole the picture gave me pause.  By Friday I was inquiring if what I had been hearing was true, and if anyone had brought this information to the appropriate authorities.

Some of you know the story up to here.

What you may not know is that on the following Tuesday (my first day back to work after the weekend) I went to my supervisor to tell him what I had been hearing and tell him my concerns.

My boss's reply?  "That person is no longer employed by this company."

I had no idea I had so much power!

Not really.  Apparently several people had shared similar concerns and immediate action was taken to release that employee.

As it turns out, according to my boss, the company had a similar problem 10 years ago when an employee came to work and told people, in earnest, that he was going to "go postal".  By the end of the day, that guy had been dragged off by the crazy police and brought to the psych ward at the hospital.  

I swear, I think this company drives people to insanity.

No comments: