Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ouch, my kidney.

I had my lithotripsy last week.

I have been laying on the couch, pulled out as a bed, almost every day since then. I just started getting up and around Friday night, but I'm still not feeling 100% better.

The shock waves that blasted apart the kidney stone also tore a small section of the skin on my back open. Pleasant.

I have been peeing sand all week, also. It really looks like sand. I know it looks like sand because I have had the delightful job of "collecting" it all week. Like stamps, or coins. Only, instead, shards of kidney stone. Joe keeps asking me what beach I went to to get the pretty sand. Joe is lucky I couldn't really get up to hit him all week.

I think i am going to take one more day off from work and then try to head back. I think all of the upper body movement I do at work and all of the walking around I do might be a little difficult. We shall see.

Even considering all of the pain and soreness I've had all week, I think the surgery was TOTALLY worth it. I am really really excited that this stone is finally out of my system, over a year after we "discovered" it was there. It means I will be able to fully enjoy the summer and all of the outdoor activities that come along with it. :)

Yay!

No comments: